Personal Injury


If you've been hurt and it is someone else's fault, you need a lawyer.

Whether you are the victim of medical malpractice, a car accident, a trip and fall or slip and fall, I am here to help you.  I have successfully handled cases involving many different types of injuries, from accidents, and intentional acts. You pay no fee unless there is a recovery.  Call today for a free consultation.

For personal injury in New York, the law for each type of injury is slightly different. You need an experienced lawyer to help you navigate the difficult waters of our legal system in New York.

Lawsuits need to be brought within a certain amount of time. For example, medical malpractice cases have a statute of limitations of two and a half years. For cases of general negligence, like car accidents, the statute of limitations is three years. Although usually not directly bearing upon a suit for injury, for contract actions, the statute is six years.

But for other things, much shorter periods apply. In New York State, regardless who is at fault for a car accident, the law provides that care related to the accident be paid for. To get the benefit of this, however, you need to submit a No-Fault application within a short time.  To make a claim of negligence against New York City under New York State Law, you need to serve a Notice of Claim within ninety (90) days.

To make sure your rights are protected, contact me today.

Schedule an Appointment

Slips, Trips and Falls

If you have slipped or tripped and fallen and you got injured, you may have a case.

Under New York CIty's laws, the owner of the building is responsible for the sidewalk in front of their building.  The City is responsible for the curbs and the street. In order for the owner of a building to be responsible for a trip and fall accident on the sidewalk in most cases of this type, you will need to prove that something was wrong with the sidewalk, a defect was present and that the owner of the building knew or should have known about it.  Photographs are really important here.  Before your first appointment with a lawyer, you should get a picture of the place where you fell, and if there is a defect, a picture of the defect.  It also may help to measure it.  But nothing substitutes for good counsel, so if you have an accident of this type, seek legal help without delay.

Medical Malpractice

Medical Malpractice is a deviation from good and accepted medical practice that leads to harm to the patient.

It is not malpractice if your doctor does what she should and you get a bad result.  It's only when they fail to do what they should, or do something they should not where you may have a case.  

Ultimately, medical malpractice cases will turn on the opinions of medical experts.  They will need to see your medical records.  For an attorney to more fully evaluate your claim, you should obtain what medical records you can for your treating physician and hospital before your first appointment if at all possible.  Your lawyer will need this information.

If the defendant is not the City, State or Federal Government, the statute of limitations in New York State to bring case of malpractice is two and a half  2 1/2 years in most cases.

If you think your providers have committed malpractice, contact me today for a free 15 minute consultation.

Fell From A Height? You may have a 'Labor Law" case.

New York State law provides workers and who fall from a height while working with a claim against owners of property and others.  If you were on a scaffold, ladder or raised platform, contact me for a free consultation to determine whether you are entitled to compensation.

In a Car Accident?

If you were in a car accident, there are special rules for whether you may sue for personal injuries.  Under New York's Insurance Laws, to bring a lawsuit for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident (whether you were a driver, passenger, or pedestrian), you need to have suffered what New York defines as a "serious injury."

There are three categories of serious injury in New York, but in most situations it boils down to two real categories: (1) An injury that in itself the State says is enough to bring a lawsuit.  The most common one is a fracture - a broken bone.  There is also death, dismemberment, loss of a fetus.  (2) a permanent significant disability.

Everyone, however, may bring a "No-Fault" claim for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident against their own insurer or that of the offending vehicle.  Depending upon the policy, no-fault should cover medical expenses and economic losses from lost wages and the like up to 50,000.  But to get these benefits, you need to make a no-fault application and cooperate with the insurance company.  Do not wait to report an accident.

For everyone involved in a motor vehicle accident where you have been injured, you should get a copy of the police report.

Photos, medical records, witness names and telephone numbers are also important.

If you were injured in an accident, contact me today to see whether you have a case.

Other Injuries

If you were hurt some other way, you should contact me to see what your legal rights are.

If you were assaulted, bitten by a dog, had something heavy fall on you, got food poisoning, suffered injury because of a defective product or service, contact me to learn your legal rights.